Create Content Archive Failed

Hi all...

Well I am trying to back up the Axons at the venue I just moved into (Platinum Theatre, aboard the Liberty of the Seas), primarily because the software is quite out dated (1.3.2.1268) and there are a few visual glitches which I think will be fixed by an update in software, however when I try and create a content archive, it fails at about 24% - it is not always on the same clip, but it is always around about the same point, and always with the same (unhelpful) "Creating Content Archive Failed" message

First I thought maybe it was because the drive was Fat32 and it was reaching the file size limit of FAT32, so I hooked up my laptop running CMA with NTFS formatted hdd - and it failed again... Then I thought maybe I was reaching the limit of the HDD - as both my laptop and the Axon had about 60GB of free space. So I hooked up my 500GB drive to my laptop, and it failed again...

Is there a log file or anything like that which I would be able to access to see why it failed? Or is anyone able to give me suggestions as to how I could complete the backup without having to backup and manually re-number about 500 clips (which are rather random in DMX addressing)

Rgds

Mac Calder
Parents
  • Hook up your 500gb drive, create an Axon folder...drag all of the user content and objects onto the drive. It's not as elegant as the archive, but it does indeed work this way. The only thing you can't drag off is the stock content.

That way, you keep intact the media. You might have to "log" the DMX values, but, in order to preserve it, find a batch rename program and add the number sequence to the top of each folder on your "backup" drive and for each file in that folder. That way, you can actually start the process of keeping it organized if you have to rebuild from the backup drive.

For Mac, I use A Better Finder/Rename. Great piece of software and works great for exactly this type of job.

Just some thoughts to help you out a little bit.
  • Hook up your 500gb drive, create an Axon folder...drag all of the user content and objects onto the drive. It's not as elegant as the archive, but it does indeed work this way. The only thing you can't drag off is the stock content.

That way, you keep intact the media. You might have to "log" the DMX values, but, in order to preserve it, find a batch rename program and add the number sequence to the top of each folder on your "backup" drive and for each file in that folder. That way, you can actually start the process of keeping it organized if you have to rebuild from the backup drive.

For Mac, I use A Better Finder/Rename. Great piece of software and works great for exactly this type of job.

Just some thoughts to help you out a little bit.
Children
No Data