Create Content Archive Failed

Hi all...

Well I am trying to back up the Axons at the venue I just moved into (Platinum Theatre, aboard the Liberty of the Seas), primarily because the software is quite out dated (1.3.2.1268) and there are a few visual glitches which I think will be fixed by an update in software, however when I try and create a content archive, it fails at about 24% - it is not always on the same clip, but it is always around about the same point, and always with the same (unhelpful) "Creating Content Archive Failed" message

First I thought maybe it was because the drive was Fat32 and it was reaching the file size limit of FAT32, so I hooked up my laptop running CMA with NTFS formatted hdd - and it failed again... Then I thought maybe I was reaching the limit of the HDD - as both my laptop and the Axon had about 60GB of free space. So I hooked up my 500GB drive to my laptop, and it failed again...

Is there a log file or anything like that which I would be able to access to see why it failed? Or is anyone able to give me suggestions as to how I could complete the backup without having to backup and manually re-number about 500 clips (which are rather random in DMX addressing)

Rgds

Mac Calder
Parents
  • Mac,

If you have a Mac available you should give the archiving a try. The one thing about the archive is that you will not be able to see file names or dmx addresses, it is a DL/Axon specific file format.

As Jon mentioned, dragging and dropping might be your best solution if you can't get the archive to work the way you need it to. Another feature you might be interested in is DMX Summary. This option generates a spreadsheet of all DMX values for Folders and Files. This would be a perfect log for your records of DMX addressing if you need a reference for any reason. This can be found under the "Servers" menu at the top of your CMA window.
  • Mac,

If you have a Mac available you should give the archiving a try. The one thing about the archive is that you will not be able to see file names or dmx addresses, it is a DL/Axon specific file format.

As Jon mentioned, dragging and dropping might be your best solution if you can't get the archive to work the way you need it to. Another feature you might be interested in is DMX Summary. This option generates a spreadsheet of all DMX values for Folders and Files. This would be a perfect log for your records of DMX addressing if you need a reference for any reason. This can be found under the "Servers" menu at the top of your CMA window.
Children
No Data