Pixel Mapping

One big downside I see of buying an Axon is the lack of pixel mapping software within the server...

I see other servers or products on the market such as Hippo critter with this feature and think it is a real shame. I do want an Axon, but I would really like to control things like Colour Web with Axon without the need for external software such as Radlites Pixel Drive. (Can anybody suggest any others by the way..?)

Is it me or does everybody else want Pixel Mapping too? I see this as a major need considering the amount of LED walls and products hitting the industry and the ones which have already proven themselves as workhorses.

Not quite a rant, more of a hint ;)
Parents
  • Joe,

You also have to look at the price of the media servers. Yes, pixelmapping would be nice, but when you put Axon up against Catalyst, Hippo, etc. it's better than 2 to 1 pricing. Adding features like this also adds cost.

I personally use external software if I need pixelmapping and just loop it through. If I'm doing a ton of pixelmapping and need the horsepower, I just go to Catalyst or Hippo.

Now...would I like to see pixelmapping in the Axon, absolutely. Can it be accomplished and keep the same low price....I'm not sure.

J
  • Joe,

You also have to look at the price of the media servers. Yes, pixelmapping would be nice, but when you put Axon up against Catalyst, Hippo, etc. it's better than 2 to 1 pricing. Adding features like this also adds cost.

I personally use external software if I need pixelmapping and just loop it through. If I'm doing a ton of pixelmapping and need the horsepower, I just go to Catalyst or Hippo.

Now...would I like to see pixelmapping in the Axon, absolutely. Can it be accomplished and keep the same low price....I'm not sure.

J
Children
No Data