Converting VGA/HDMI to SDI for Axon

Yes, I know an Image Pro can do it (for big $$$) but has anyone use any of the smaller converters? I simply want to connect a DVD player or computer input (VGA or HDMI) in and use the SDI in.

Any suggestions?
Parents
  • Hi Stephen,
    I agree with Dan, the AJA Converters are inexpensive, good quality and straight forward.
    If "Only DVD to Axon" is what you want i suggest the S-Video/Composit to SDI converter, by that you will have least frame delay.
    On the other hand i would Rip the DVD and play it internaly as my favorite solution.
    I DO however recommend you to look into the ImagePro HD witch provides MUCH more functionality in these matters and will take anything in and give you multiple outputs in various formats at the same time.
    If you need any kind of support or information on the ImagePRO, please contact Chris Prosio, chris.prosio@barco.com he used to be the ProdustManager and knows everything there is about it.
    My best /Abbe
  • Hi Stephen,
    I agree with Dan, the AJA Converters are inexpensive, good quality and straight forward.
    If "Only DVD to Axon" is what you want i suggest the S-Video/Composit to SDI converter, by that you will have least frame delay.
    On the other hand i would Rip the DVD and play it internaly as my favorite solution.
    I DO however recommend you to look into the ImagePro HD witch provides MUCH more functionality in these matters and will take anything in and give you multiple outputs in various formats at the same time.
    If you need any kind of support or information on the ImagePRO, please contact Chris Prosio, chris.prosio@barco.com he used to be the ProdustManager and knows everything there is about it.
    My best /Abbe
Children
No Data