Lose of CMA conectivity

V1.5.4

Last night I could not connect to my axon from my normal PC (which is dedicated to this use, with no internet access) -- I tried another PC, and a mac with no luck .. it never showed up. Direct cable, auto assigned IP. I tried putting it on a router, my laptop got the IP, as did the AXON. I then booted with the local CMA, and it would "see" it but then said something like "could not connect to remote"

This has happened 2 or 3 times before (and it always seems to sense when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to screw around) -- Any idea what could cause that?

It play back media normally, with no issues. I only have a small amount of custom content on the device.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=stephenwyker;48005]since the CMA won't connect, I can't upgrade it either.

Since you are on AXON, you can run CMA directly on the server. You will need either a second monitor or KVM, and a keyboard and mouse to make it work, but will be able to upgrade your server directly that way.

BTW - re-imaging should not clear your custom content, as it resides on an entirely separate partition of the HDD....but it is always good to back it up just in case.

Hope this helps. :)
  • [QUOTE=stephenwyker;48005]since the CMA won't connect, I can't upgrade it either.

Since you are on AXON, you can run CMA directly on the server. You will need either a second monitor or KVM, and a keyboard and mouse to make it work, but will be able to upgrade your server directly that way.

BTW - re-imaging should not clear your custom content, as it resides on an entirely separate partition of the HDD....but it is always good to back it up just in case.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data