Lose of CMA conectivity

V1.5.4

Last night I could not connect to my axon from my normal PC (which is dedicated to this use, with no internet access) -- I tried another PC, and a mac with no luck .. it never showed up. Direct cable, auto assigned IP. I tried putting it on a router, my laptop got the IP, as did the AXON. I then booted with the local CMA, and it would "see" it but then said something like "could not connect to remote"

This has happened 2 or 3 times before (and it always seems to sense when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to screw around) -- Any idea what could cause that?

It play back media normally, with no issues. I only have a small amount of custom content on the device.
Parents
  • Stephen,

One other thing you can try:

The motherboard we use in the Axon has dual on-board network cards, and through our custom BIOS we turn one of the cards off. I have seen cases where the BIOS gets reset and both cards become active again. When this happens, it confuses our software and you can see errors similar to what you are seeing.

Reset the server and when you see the HES Splash screen tap "Delete" a couple times on the keyboard to go into the BIOS set up. Once you are in there, scroll all the way to the right to the "Exit" menu. One of the choices on this menu should be "Load Set-up Defaults". Select this, confirm that you want to do it, then press 'F10' to Save and Exit. Allow the server to reboot and see if it is any better.
  • Stephen,

One other thing you can try:

The motherboard we use in the Axon has dual on-board network cards, and through our custom BIOS we turn one of the cards off. I have seen cases where the BIOS gets reset and both cards become active again. When this happens, it confuses our software and you can see errors similar to what you are seeing.

Reset the server and when you see the HES Splash screen tap "Delete" a couple times on the keyboard to go into the BIOS set up. Once you are in there, scroll all the way to the right to the "Exit" menu. One of the choices on this menu should be "Load Set-up Defaults". Select this, confirm that you want to do it, then press 'F10' to Save and Exit. Allow the server to reboot and see if it is any better.
Children
No Data