Cannot Use CMA on Axon

Good day! I have an Axon that if you open the CMA on it's own screen, it doesn't even see itself as a server. The CMA also lists the Client IP as 0.0.0.0 which I would guess means it has no IP address.

Also, it cannot be seen by any other Axon server on the network or a computer running the CMA.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please let me know. Thanks!
Parents
  • Hi Kevin,

You are correct that it will run fine without a DHCP server. It will get a 169.254.x.x auto-ip address.

When you replaced the motherboard battery, did you go into the BIOS setup and select "Load Setup Defaults"? It is in the "Exit" tab of the BIOS setup.

If you did, and the unit is still not showing an IP address, it sounds like the network controller on the motherboard might have failed, which would require a new motherboard. If that is the case, please call our support department at 1.800.890.8989 (inside the US) or 1.512.836.2242 (outside the US) and they can arrange to either get a motherboard kit to you or get your Axon back to Austin to repair it.

Hope this helps,
  • Hi Kevin,

You are correct that it will run fine without a DHCP server. It will get a 169.254.x.x auto-ip address.

When you replaced the motherboard battery, did you go into the BIOS setup and select "Load Setup Defaults"? It is in the "Exit" tab of the BIOS setup.

If you did, and the unit is still not showing an IP address, it sounds like the network controller on the motherboard might have failed, which would require a new motherboard. If that is the case, please call our support department at 1.800.890.8989 (inside the US) or 1.512.836.2242 (outside the US) and they can arrange to either get a motherboard kit to you or get your Axon back to Austin to repair it.

Hope this helps,
Children
No Data