Axon Network Issue

I have an Axon that recently began experiencing a network IP of 0.0.0.0 upon startup. The fix in the past has been to load the BIOS and "restore defaults." This worked for a while, but now is no longer working. If I pull the network cable, I used to get a 169.x.x.x IP but now I'm no longer seeing this. I'm still getting a 0.0.0.0 upon restart with no network attached.

With the 0.0.0.0, it does not find the Axon server and I can no longer use the local CMA.

Any ideas what this could be??? Could it be a network card problem and need to replace the motherboard (or is it a card replacement...can't remember if it's attached to the motherboard)??

Ideas/Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J
Parents
  • Hi Jon,

I think that you could fix it by replacing the BIOS battery on the motherboard.
    It was mentioned in this thread:forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=11260&highlight=BIOS

And i now see that you are in it! Why i think it will work replacing the battery is that i have seen cases in computers
    where the battery comes into some kind of "shortcut" state where replacing the batter fixed it, but restoring BIOS settings did not!
    And while replacing, make sure not to touch the cell with your fingers, fingerfat creates a nasty oxide that has created problems in other
    computerbased solutions i have supported.

See Matt´s answer regarding motherboard.

Let us know how it works out.
  • Hi Jon,

I think that you could fix it by replacing the BIOS battery on the motherboard.
    It was mentioned in this thread:forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=11260&highlight=BIOS

And i now see that you are in it! Why i think it will work replacing the battery is that i have seen cases in computers
    where the battery comes into some kind of "shortcut" state where replacing the batter fixed it, but restoring BIOS settings did not!
    And while replacing, make sure not to touch the cell with your fingers, fingerfat creates a nasty oxide that has created problems in other
    computerbased solutions i have supported.

See Matt´s answer regarding motherboard.

Let us know how it works out.
Children
No Data