A fun permissions game after upgrading servers

Here is a fun little permissions game for you . I've successfully upgraded our two Pro servers to 4.05UB_HD from 3.2 Pro.
Here is the problem: I had installed the 4.05UB_HD build while I was logged in as an administer. It ran fine when I was logged into this account. I then changed the permissions so that our "Catalyst User" account (which is a standard account, not admin) could use the program and the folder.

The permissions are as follows when logged into the "Catalyst User" account:

Permissions for "Catalyst 4.05" Folder located in the "Applications" Folder
You can- Read & Write
Owner- Catalyst user- Read & Write
Group- admin- Read & Write
Others- Read & Write
(permissions are unlocked)

Permissions for the application "Catalyst 4.05_m50UB_HD" located in the "Catalyst 4.05" Folder
You can- Read & Write
Owner- Catalyst user- Read & Write
Group- admin- Read & Write
Others- Read & Write
(permissions are unlocked)

What happens when I try to run the program in the "Catalyst User" account, I will get the Catalyst 4.0 Splash screen, then the screen disappears. The pointer then changes to the spinning disk icon (program thinking). I let the program sit for 15 minutes, but it did not change. When I went to force quit the program it said that Catalyst was "not responding". I've deleted the catalystpresets.txt, catppc__settings.xml and colour presets.xml files from when it program first ran on the Administer account so it could write them again while in the "Catalyst User" account. I have also tried switching the "Catalyst User" account to an administer, then re-installed the program to the applications folder and still would not work. It seems to only run while you are logged into the original Adminsiter account from when I did the upgrade from 3.2 to 4.0.

Any thoughts on this one?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Leah_Durrett]Hello Andrew,

We tested this and we recieved the same unsuccessful results. This may be due to the universal binary builds. We are awaiting more information from the developer about this.

-Leah Durrett

nothing to do with universal binary.

software is not tested with non-default non-administrator accounts.

file permissions are a really complex area.
    and affect users adding content as well.
  • [QUOTE=Leah_Durrett]Hello Andrew,

We tested this and we recieved the same unsuccessful results. This may be due to the universal binary builds. We are awaiting more information from the developer about this.

-Leah Durrett

nothing to do with universal binary.

software is not tested with non-default non-administrator accounts.

file permissions are a really complex area.
    and affect users adding content as well.
Children
No Data