Catalyst and imag. Who has used it?

Has anyone had any experience running imag through a catalyst? If so, what was your experience? I know that it's possible and I know that the frame dropping isn't terrible, I was just looking for some opinions.

Thanks much

Chris Lighthall
Creative Juice Designs
Parents
  • Run the Catalyst parallel to the Imag using a little vision mixer like Sony anycast or the grass valley Indigo. That way the latency is at a minimum and when you do want effects through the catalyst on the Imag then run a feed through the vision mixer to catalyst and then back through the mixer to the LED/Projector. Another plus point is that if something happens to the catalyst or the camera feed you can always use the other. If the catalyst stops working when you have all the videos running through it , then you loose everything.
    If you want to do text and stuff over Imag, then think about sending the text out on a black background and Lumakey it out in the mixer over the Imag.
    Using a mixer is a much safer, faster and easier method than most think
  • Run the Catalyst parallel to the Imag using a little vision mixer like Sony anycast or the grass valley Indigo. That way the latency is at a minimum and when you do want effects through the catalyst on the Imag then run a feed through the vision mixer to catalyst and then back through the mixer to the LED/Projector. Another plus point is that if something happens to the catalyst or the camera feed you can always use the other. If the catalyst stops working when you have all the videos running through it , then you loose everything.
    If you want to do text and stuff over Imag, then think about sending the text out on a black background and Lumakey it out in the mixer over the Imag.
    Using a mixer is a much safer, faster and easier method than most think
Children
No Data