Tubes with catalyst

Hello. In NZ I have access to these tubes.

www.ula.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=303&category_id=103&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=36

I have been told that their controller will give me access to their RGB channels via DMX.

Will this work in pixelmad/catalyst and can i just use a genereic 3 channel profile or something to get them to work.

Please have a look a t the link to see if they are suitable I want to run custom video content through them via catalyst.

Thanks!
Parents
  • ArtNet is nothing more complicated than a method of transmitting DMX data down a Cat5 cable.

The ArtNet spec says you can run 256 DMX universes (16 Subnets with 16 universes each) down a single Cat5 line.

Now if your DMX devices don't accept ArtNet directly you will need boxes to convert the Cat5 back into XLR. A typical one (like the EtherLynx from Artistic License) will only do 2 Universes per box.

I beleive Catalyst 4 PRO supports 5 universes for pixelMAD standard with a plug in upgrade to 30 universes, but you may want to check on that. Cat 4 PRO does output ArtNet directly via the network card.

Other fixtures like Versa-Tubes cannot be controlled in this manner because they do not accept direct DMX control of their pixels. Versa-Tubes need a video signal to go through their interface box and out to their corresponding buffer boxes. So you would simply use an output or mix from ther server directly.

Hope this helps.:)
  • ArtNet is nothing more complicated than a method of transmitting DMX data down a Cat5 cable.

The ArtNet spec says you can run 256 DMX universes (16 Subnets with 16 universes each) down a single Cat5 line.

Now if your DMX devices don't accept ArtNet directly you will need boxes to convert the Cat5 back into XLR. A typical one (like the EtherLynx from Artistic License) will only do 2 Universes per box.

I beleive Catalyst 4 PRO supports 5 universes for pixelMAD standard with a plug in upgrade to 30 universes, but you may want to check on that. Cat 4 PRO does output ArtNet directly via the network card.

Other fixtures like Versa-Tubes cannot be controlled in this manner because they do not accept direct DMX control of their pixels. Versa-Tubes need a video signal to go through their interface box and out to their corresponding buffer boxes. So you would simply use an output or mix from ther server directly.

Hope this helps.:)
Children
No Data