Type of file for Catalyst

Ok I am a true newbie to the catalyst. Unfortunately in the theatre I just started in, there is no training or manuel for the catalyst. I have figured out alot and have used the files that came with it. Now I want to insert custom files that I will create with Photoshop. So here is the question..

What is the file type that will best read on a catalyst? jpg, bmp, gif?

I am not a Mac user so I don't know if they have a specific format.

Thanks in advance
Darrell
Parents
  • Hello Darrell,

I can point you in the right direction. The manual for v4 is under construction. It is wise to use the v3 manual for basic concepts and overall knowledge and use the getting started guide for v4 so learn the differences. If you are using stills, the best way to go is photojpeg, tif, and png. The pages I have dropped onto the post include visual examples and a step-by-step guide for custom content creation.

Please let me know if I can help you any further.

Here is a page on the comparison if codecs:
    www.highend.com/support/technical_support/comparingcodecs.asp

Here is a page explaining percieved brightness:
    www.highend.com/products/digital_lighting/dl_1_PerceivedBrightmess_of_Catalyst_Images.asp

Content Requirements:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/catalystsupportguide/typeofcontent.asp

Content Rendering and Codecs:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/catalystsupportguide/renderingcontent.asp

Content and Playback:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/catalystsupportguide/howcontentaffectsplayback.asp

Have a good one,
    Leah
  • Hello Darrell,

I can point you in the right direction. The manual for v4 is under construction. It is wise to use the v3 manual for basic concepts and overall knowledge and use the getting started guide for v4 so learn the differences. If you are using stills, the best way to go is photojpeg, tif, and png. The pages I have dropped onto the post include visual examples and a step-by-step guide for custom content creation.

Please let me know if I can help you any further.

Here is a page on the comparison if codecs:
    www.highend.com/support/technical_support/comparingcodecs.asp

Here is a page explaining percieved brightness:
    www.highend.com/products/digital_lighting/dl_1_PerceivedBrightmess_of_Catalyst_Images.asp

Content Requirements:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/catalystsupportguide/typeofcontent.asp

Content Rendering and Codecs:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/catalystsupportguide/renderingcontent.asp

Content and Playback:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/catalystsupportguide/howcontentaffectsplayback.asp

Have a good one,
    Leah
Children
No Data