Support for Catalyst now

Short question. Who is responsible for catalyst support now. High End or SAMSC ?

Sorry, for those who missed something.

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=387
  • If I read it correctly....

"...High End will continue to provide direct customer support to its existing Catalyst customers around the globe."

and a little after that....

"SAMSC Designs will support future Catalyst customers with product updates and bug fixes for v4 software via its Catalyst support site at www.catvx.com"
  • This raises a lot of questions. Will SMAC offer turn-key systems or are they a software only provider and you are left of build your own system? Will they sell a CIB-type DMX interface? What about roadcases?

I would assume this means that HES will no longer be selling Catalyst hardware, i.e. CIBs, servers, roadcases. How will this affect Arenaview and the partnership with Christie Projectors?

Travis Slyter
    Ruehling Associates, Inc.
  • As far as the DMX input goes, I do know Richard has made a driver for a 1 universe in product called a Peperoni. And theres artnet boxes. I am sure he will put in some other devices too.
  • High End Systems will continue to support Catalyst. Catalyst users should contact us the same way the always have if they have problems or need support.

Support contact information can be found here:
    www.highend.com/support/technical_support/

High End Systems will continue to sell Catalyst hardware for 90 days.

ArenaView is still a High End Systems product and will continue to be sold, as far as I am aware. Remember that Catalyst was not the only media server in High End's product line. It would be very possible to use Axon with Christie projectors for ArenaView projects.

I can't tell you what hardware SAMSC Designs will or will not be selling, because I don't know. I'd suggest reading through the posts on the www.catvx.com website and you could certainly request more information there.

In a thread by Richard Bleasdale (the developer of Catalyst) on the CatVX web site, he had this to say:

"For sales and distribution questions,
    Please contact David March PID Ltd

Direct Dial +44 (0)20 8099 7572 or +44 (0) 208 840 5885

send sales questions to

catalyst@pi-digital.co.uk
    or
    david@pi-digital.co.uk"