Looking to get a Catalyst

I am somewhat a beginner to media servers, but have taken courses on the Green Hippo and soon the grandMA console. I am looking to possibly purchase a Catalyst to rent out and also run with some local bands.

I was curious if this unit for sale is a good deal?
www.gearsource.com/products.cfm/ns/72/cat/Video%20Equipment|Media%20Servers/pkid/12113.html

Thanks in advance!
Best,
B. Rod.
Parents
  • Thank you all for your comments/advice. I am an audio/visual technician for westchester county right above NYC. We have a pretty big building called the county center that has two stages in it. We would like to supplement some events that we do here with a media server. I don't foresee doing HD right now. However I also plan to use it possibly for an up and coming band called "drive by" who have opened for My Chemical Romance in the past. I understand its difficult to pick out such a high tech piece of equipment without knowing what it will exactly be used for in the future, but thank you all for your comments.

Joe Bleasdale, I have only looked at Catalyst, Hippo, and Watchout... I knew there are a few other turnkey machines on the market but haven't looked too in depth into them.

Jon Griffin, How much is the V4 Pro going for? Do you have details on it? Thanks again!

Best,
    Bill Rod.
  • Thank you all for your comments/advice. I am an audio/visual technician for westchester county right above NYC. We have a pretty big building called the county center that has two stages in it. We would like to supplement some events that we do here with a media server. I don't foresee doing HD right now. However I also plan to use it possibly for an up and coming band called "drive by" who have opened for My Chemical Romance in the past. I understand its difficult to pick out such a high tech piece of equipment without knowing what it will exactly be used for in the future, but thank you all for your comments.

Joe Bleasdale, I have only looked at Catalyst, Hippo, and Watchout... I knew there are a few other turnkey machines on the market but haven't looked too in depth into them.

Jon Griffin, How much is the V4 Pro going for? Do you have details on it? Thanks again!

Best,
    Bill Rod.
Children
No Data