Looking to get a Catalyst

I am somewhat a beginner to media servers, but have taken courses on the Green Hippo and soon the grandMA console. I am looking to possibly purchase a Catalyst to rent out and also run with some local bands.

I was curious if this unit for sale is a good deal?
www.gearsource.com/products.cfm/ns/72/cat/Video%20Equipment|Media%20Servers/pkid/12113.html

Thanks in advance!
Best,
B. Rod.
Parents
  • Well artnet boxes come in many flavors. Enttec has 1 out, 2 out and 8 out as well as ins. Artistic License has the same flavors as well as more outputs, plus multiple input/output frames. Anything Artistic License will work because it is their protocol.. Pretty much any device will work.

The only thing with that fixture is it appears to only be a single cell. If you had like a studiopix, you can use each little LED as a cell so it appears more movie like. It does take a lot of universes. One thing to keep in mind is that the Pro version of Catalyst will only do 10 universes. You can expand for additional costs though.
  • Well artnet boxes come in many flavors. Enttec has 1 out, 2 out and 8 out as well as ins. Artistic License has the same flavors as well as more outputs, plus multiple input/output frames. Anything Artistic License will work because it is their protocol.. Pretty much any device will work.

The only thing with that fixture is it appears to only be a single cell. If you had like a studiopix, you can use each little LED as a cell so it appears more movie like. It does take a lot of universes. One thing to keep in mind is that the Pro version of Catalyst will only do 10 universes. You can expand for additional costs though.
Children
No Data