What specs should I use?

When creating content what specs should I use? What resolution? what size?

What else should I know about creating content so that it works most effeciently with the catalyst?

how long should loops be?

what is the optimum file size?

jpegs, mov, files etc...

any help would be appreciated

also does anybody have reccomendations for classes using adobe premier and after effect?
Parents
  • You don't want to use sorenson codec. High End Support is very clear on that. I actually found out why. Sorenson can play black slower than it should. If you need a clip to play back at exactly(or close to) the frame rate you rendered at don't use sorenson.

High End recomends DVNTSC codec at "Best Quality" at 29.97 FPS.

When preparing content for the Catalyst Media Server, render interlaced images and movies using de-interlacing.

V3 will take up to 2048x2048. The server won't play back anything that measures more than 2048 in either height, or width.

The new manual has good info on this.

As far as I know there isnt a file size that is better than others within reason. Most of mine end up being around 15-20mg and work fine.
  • You don't want to use sorenson codec. High End Support is very clear on that. I actually found out why. Sorenson can play black slower than it should. If you need a clip to play back at exactly(or close to) the frame rate you rendered at don't use sorenson.

High End recomends DVNTSC codec at "Best Quality" at 29.97 FPS.

When preparing content for the Catalyst Media Server, render interlaced images and movies using de-interlacing.

V3 will take up to 2048x2048. The server won't play back anything that measures more than 2048 in either height, or width.

The new manual has good info on this.

As far as I know there isnt a file size that is better than others within reason. Most of mine end up being around 15-20mg and work fine.
Children
No Data