Use Random frame to get high speed intercutting of images you like...

Have you ever had the band say "Can you play that clip insanely fast", or have you ever had a situation where you had 6 or 7 images that you wanted to intermix in a strobing, flashing fashion ? It's time for Random Play under the playback mode options ! The key is to prebuild a piece of media that contains each of the images you want to flash in between. Picking your editing app of choice, you lay each piece of media on the timeline, rendering a finished quicktime file. If you have equal amounts of each clip on the timeline, then random mode will balance out the 'flashing' equally among all the images. If you want more of a particular image in the 'flashing' increase the amount of it you use on the timeline relative to your other clips. You can also subtly affect timing in Random Frame by increasing or decreasing the number of frames containing the various media in the clip you are authoring for random playback.

Give it a try.... You'll like the results...

Cheers,

• You can also subtly affect timing in Random Frame by increasing or decreasing the number of frames containing the various media in the clip you are authoring for random playback.

the movie speed parameter also works with random play, ( well i think it does - i mean i thought i wrote it do to that ) -- so you can change the speed of the random play so its not so fast. you dont have to render any more frames