Genlock signal path

hi all!

OK, so I'm thinking of hooking several catalyst servers together to build a 270 degree surround video wall (7 screens, 4 servers)... I'll need to genlock them all together.

Am I correct in thinking that I need an NTSC video in card such as a Decklink that supports Genlock, or is there another method of getting blackburst into the server?

OR! If I'm going to be using resoultions/scan rates different than NTSC, is there another way of locking in frame accuracy across all the servers?

thanks!

AJ
Parents
  • There is the Sync playback function built into Catalyst that allows sync via ethernet. Have a look in the latest manual that can be downloaded for the full description of how it works.

I have used it regularly and it works very well.

Genlocking doesn't really apply as you are using separate sources going to separate outputs as opposed to the requirement to genlock multiple sources into one device such as a vision switcher.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Toby
  • There is the Sync playback function built into Catalyst that allows sync via ethernet. Have a look in the latest manual that can be downloaded for the full description of how it works.

I have used it regularly and it works very well.

Genlocking doesn't really apply as you are using separate sources going to separate outputs as opposed to the requirement to genlock multiple sources into one device such as a vision switcher.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Toby
Children
No Data