ARD and Catalyst

Has anyone tried using Apple Remote Desktop to link a Catalyst computer (or 2 or more) to say, a laptop at FOH. Any issues moving files around etc.? Just looking for a slick way to control a server that is backstage from FOH (i.e. manage files and such). Thanks. Mark
Parents
  • I have done it here at the office with four Catalyst servers. It runs rather smoothly. You can even use it as a remote preview (a view of what each output is doing). Just make sure they all have the latest remote desktop client software on them. I also didn't have any latency issues when looking at ALL of outputs in full color mode of all 4 Catalyst Servers (Mind you, we have them on a Gigabit switch). You could also use Remote desktop to trigger your presets though keyboard shortcuts or clicking on your presets palettes while in the window of the server you are using.
  • I have done it here at the office with four Catalyst servers. It runs rather smoothly. You can even use it as a remote preview (a view of what each output is doing). Just make sure they all have the latest remote desktop client software on them. I also didn't have any latency issues when looking at ALL of outputs in full color mode of all 4 Catalyst Servers (Mind you, we have them on a Gigabit switch). You could also use Remote desktop to trigger your presets though keyboard shortcuts or clicking on your presets palettes while in the window of the server you are using.
Children
No Data