Catalyst v4 MIDI Map

Hi I'm trying to control Catalyst via MIDI, I've managed to guess the controller numbers for the layers, does anyone have a midi map in written form for the version 4 software or any idea where I might find it? Thanks for your time.
Parents
  • Catalyst is pretty straightforward to control with Midi - Midi Time Code, Midi Show Control, Midi Machine Control and Midi Notes.

Firstly you need a Mac compatible Midi Interface. I like the M Audio Midisport 2x2 - cheap and solid. You can also get more sophisticated interfaces like MOTU Timepiece AV which supports LTC as well as MTC, and allows multiple midi devices (Mackie control universal, midi keyboard, MTC etc) to be connected to your media server.

Setting Catalyst up to use with Midi is very simple. If you download the v3 manual, it has details of how to set up Midi Devices with Catalyst.

V4 allows MMC control, Mackie Control Universal (and Behringer BCF 2000) functionality, Midi Notes and MSC out. These are pretty straightforward to set up too.

email me through the forum if you need further help.

Hugh Davies-Webb
  • Catalyst is pretty straightforward to control with Midi - Midi Time Code, Midi Show Control, Midi Machine Control and Midi Notes.

Firstly you need a Mac compatible Midi Interface. I like the M Audio Midisport 2x2 - cheap and solid. You can also get more sophisticated interfaces like MOTU Timepiece AV which supports LTC as well as MTC, and allows multiple midi devices (Mackie control universal, midi keyboard, MTC etc) to be connected to your media server.

Setting Catalyst up to use with Midi is very simple. If you download the v3 manual, it has details of how to set up Midi Devices with Catalyst.

V4 allows MMC control, Mackie Control Universal (and Behringer BCF 2000) functionality, Midi Notes and MSC out. These are pretty straightforward to set up too.

email me through the forum if you need further help.

Hugh Davies-Webb
Children
No Data