External application control of Catalyst

Hi

I am just starting a project. I will use a catalyst media server v4. I wan't to be able to control content via an application running on a windows pc, written in c++.

Whats the best way to communicate with the media server? midi? osc? serial? tcp?

Many thanks
Chris
Parents
  • Hello Chris,

Although not specifically related to this forum, I have written software for Catalyst control although I use Objective-C and not C++ (They're close).

I would be interested in hearing about your software and how it has been developed to work.

If you are talking about triggering presets only, then I have about a million solutions for you to trigger them from remote software. The simplest is to create buttons in your software which trigger URLs that the Catalyst web server listens to from the broadcasting machine. I've also done some extensive control of trigger using MIDI, including using Medialon.
  • Hello Chris,

Although not specifically related to this forum, I have written software for Catalyst control although I use Objective-C and not C++ (They're close).

I would be interested in hearing about your software and how it has been developed to work.

If you are talking about triggering presets only, then I have about a million solutions for you to trigger them from remote software. The simplest is to create buttons in your software which trigger URLs that the Catalyst web server listens to from the broadcasting machine. I've also done some extensive control of trigger using MIDI, including using Medialon.
Children
No Data