ION connection to Net3 2port gateway

I have an ION console now connected to a Net3 2 port gateway.  I need settings information to attach a router to add wireless remote focus capability to the system. I plan to use is Linksys WRT54GVS 2.4G wireless router. Need some guidance for the Linksys IP network settings.Thanks

Parents
  • The Wiki is wonderfully helpful, but a few pointers as well:

There is a link to ETCs recommended static IP addresses in the Wiki.  Personally I like giving every single thing on a lighting network a static IP address, but it is also okay to allow some things to receive IP addresses by DHCP.  If you are going to go this route make sure only one device is set as a DHCP server!  Your console should definitely have a static IP address, since it is required to set up the i/aRFR.  Your console OR your router can be set up as a DHCP server to give addresses to iDevices, Android devices, gateways and console computers, but not both.  Check the manual for your router to learn about how to turn DHCP on or off there.  On the Ion it's in the shell settings under network in the category "Network Services".  

Also make sure on the router that nothing is plugged into the WAN port (it's usually set off a little to the side from the LAN ports and may have a different symbol or color to demarcate it).  All hard wired connections should go to the LAN ports.

In the ION shell settings there is a category labelled "RFR".  In this category there is a checkbox to allow iRFR or aRFR connections.  Make sure this is checked!  If it's not IIRC you will get a "connection refused" message at the iRFR end.

Also, the Wiki is correct about being able to check for IP address and Console name in the shell settings, but if you don't want to have to exit out just to check you can also clear your command line and press [About].  In tiny tiny gold print you will see your console's name and IP address included in the information displayed in the CIA.

• The Wiki is wonderfully helpful, but a few pointers as well:

There is a link to ETCs recommended static IP addresses in the Wiki.  Personally I like giving every single thing on a lighting network a static IP address, but it is also okay to allow some things to receive IP addresses by DHCP.  If you are going to go this route make sure only one device is set as a DHCP server!  Your console should definitely have a static IP address, since it is required to set up the i/aRFR.  Your console OR your router can be set up as a DHCP server to give addresses to iDevices, Android devices, gateways and console computers, but not both.  Check the manual for your router to learn about how to turn DHCP on or off there.  On the Ion it's in the shell settings under network in the category "Network Services".  

Also make sure on the router that nothing is plugged into the WAN port (it's usually set off a little to the side from the LAN ports and may have a different symbol or color to demarcate it).  All hard wired connections should go to the LAN ports.

In the ION shell settings there is a category labelled "RFR".  In this category there is a checkbox to allow iRFR or aRFR connections.  Make sure this is checked!  If it's not IIRC you will get a "connection refused" message at the iRFR end.

Also, the Wiki is correct about being able to check for IP address and Console name in the shell settings, but if you don't want to have to exit out just to check you can also clear your command line and press [About].  In tiny tiny gold print you will see your console's name and IP address included in the information displayed in the CIA.

Children
Related