Updating Net2 System From v2.0.1?

I am working on updating my university's lighting network and I want to investigate potential problems before I dive in.  Here is what is currently in the system:

Consoles: Ion and Obsession II
5 CEM+ Modules
14 2-port nodes running firmware v2.0.1
Unison CMEi

I'd like to see what would be involved with updating all of this to work with the Net2 Network Configuration Editor v4.3.1?  Is this a project that is doable for someone who has not configured a Net2 network before?  I am computer savvy but this is the first time I have dived into something like this.  We currently have no one here who is familiar with Net2 configuration so I have volunteered to figure it out, update it, and document it for future students.

• Well you can update software for your Ion very easily. Download from this website onto a flashdrive. Plug the flashdrive into the console and you can update from there. There hasn't been an Obsession II update in quite some time (2005 I think). 

The 2 port nodes, are they Net2 or Net3? You can use either the NCE or GCE to configure these depending on type. 

ETC makes software updates super easy for the end user. No need to send back to them!

• It is really important is to document the software versions of all of your equipment.  Some software versions requires a "lockstep" version in other equipment to ensure communication. Due to your Unison CMEi in your theatre, an upgrade of the NCE version to 4.3.1 version might require the upgrade of your Unison and Obsession as well, in order for them to communicate.  The easiest way to determine what your options would be to provide the code version list. 

Based on the info above, to run NCE 4.3.1 on your network, you would need to upgrade Obesssion to 5.1.x and Unison to 1.9.0 or higher.  Your CEM+ should be upgraded to 3.1.2 as well. Depending on your current sets of codes, there may be a few things we need to look at before you upgrade just to avaoid any unexpected complications.

[edited by: GregThomas at 11:37 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Sep 5 2012]
Related