Implimenting RDM

First of all I currently have no RDM devices, however I am thinking of getting my infrastructure ready should I ever aquire any.  I know that I will need to replace my Net 2 2 port touring nodes with Net 3 nodes, also any Optosplitters in the system (currently none) would need to be replaced, are there any other hardware requirements?  My current Net 3 4 port nodes are operating in Net 2 mode, will I need to update firmware and change them to Net 3 mode?  Would I set Eos to for both EDMX and sACN?  Would I change the racks with CEM+ 3.1.1 to operate from sACN rather than EDMX, or both?  Can I even change the racks given that I also have Legacy Unison 1.9 operating the House and Lobby lights as well as the Eos.  Is there anyhthing else that I am overlooking?

Thanks,

-Gregg

Eos, RPU, RVI, Net 2 2 port nodes, Net 3 nodes, Net 3 SC gateway, CEM+ 3.1.1, Unison 1.9

• Hi Gregg,

Gregg said:
    I know that I will need to replace my Net 2 2 port touring nodes with Net 3 nodes

Correct.

Gregg said:
    My current Net 3 4 port nodes are operating in Net 2 mode, will I need to update firmware and change them to Net 3 mode?

Yes, you would want to get them up to the latest firmware version (5.1 at the moment), and into Net 3 mode.

Gregg said:
    Would I set Eos to for both EDMX and sACN?

You would certainly need to have sACN enabled and patched on your Eos once the gateways are in Net 3 mode.

Gregg said:
    Would I change the racks with CEM+ 3.1.1 to operate from sACN rather than EDMX, or both?  Can I even change the racks given that I also have Legacy Unison 1.9 operating the House and Lobby lights as well as the Eos.

Your Sensor racks can receive both EDMX and sACN simultaneously.. You could continue to have them receive EDMX from your Eos, or use sACN. If you go to sACN you just need to make sure the patch in the racks is set for sACN and that it is enabled in the Data Ports and Priorities menu.

As long as you don't disable EDMX on the Sensor racks your Unison system will still be able to talk to them.

Graham

Related