Networking question

I am trying to network our Ion Console to be able to control via a laptop with the dongle. Currently our Ion is assigned a static IP address and is running into a router. I am able to connect to it when I plug my laptop into the router through an ethernet cable. My goal is to be able to connect to my router wirelessly and still be able to control the console. Currently it is not allowing me. Any ideas?

Parents
  • We might need some more information here.

Is the router also the wireless access point or are they seperate devices.

Which port is the console plugged into on the router?

What are the static adress/subnet mask and gateway of the router, the console, and the laptop?

These will help to diagnose how the system should be set up.

Greg

• We might need some more information here.

Is the router also the wireless access point or are they seperate devices.

Which port is the console plugged into on the router?

What are the static adress/subnet mask and gateway of the router, the console, and the laptop?

These will help to diagnose how the system should be set up.

Greg

Children
  • By definition, a router would allow transmission of information to devices located on both sides of it. NAT or some other restriction might be enabled, preventing this communication.

Some possible limitations might be that your wireless network is in a different address range, and is not connected to the same network . . . for example a public wireless segment and a private ACN network.

If this is the network in a larger organization, you might seek the help of your network administrator(s). If these networks are managed by you, then you could either assign a public interface to your ACN network router and use port forwarding, or place the wireless access point behind the router.

Related