ETC Sensor CEM 3 and sACN

Hi All,

I am having an issue with ETC Sensor Racks receiving and reacting to sACN sent from a GrandMA2 Console.

When the dimmer racks are plugged directly into the network i am able to access the web browser interface for each dimmer so this tells me that i have network access directly to the dimmers (CEM's).

sACN is enabled on the dimmers and each dimmer has been assigned a sACN address.

The dimmers are brand new and have the latest firmware on the CEM's (CEM3)

Here is a overview of the network.

Main Grand MA2 - 192.168.1.1 (Sending 10x Universes of sACN via ELC network switch)
Backup Grand MA2 - 192.168.1.2
ELC Node 8s A - 192.168.1.20 (Pass through of network to Dimmer rack A)
Dimmer Rack A - 192.168.1.21
ELC Node 8s B - 192.168.1.30 (Pass through of network to Dimmer rack B)
Dimmer Rack B - 192.168.1.31

This is a simple overview - We are streaming universe 10 to both dimmer racks over sACN so each dimmer is assigned 10/01, 10/02, 10/03,....and so on.

If i plug in the DMX port A with the ACN converted by the node to DMX then all works fine, but in reality we would like to just send the dimmers network and be done with it.

First of all is this possible? Or am i missing something?
Should i disable DMX PortA when i want to control via sACN?
Are the network ranges compatible?

I have also tested the network outpu with a sniffer and can see universe 10 reacting with ACN information at the dimmer....somehow the dimmer cant see it though..

What am i missing??

I appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Karl 

Parents
  • Hi Karl,

can you also check what the sACN Priority is set to in sACN? We found a few MA2 Consoles being

delivered with 0 sACN Priority, which has its sACN ignored in the network - which sounds like its happening here.

sACN Priority can be set between 0 and 200, whereas stated above, 0 deactivates sACN Participation in Network.

A good value is 100 in your network.

With the sACNview Software Tom mentioned above, one can see which priority is being sent with each souce. 

• Corey,

Thank you so much you hit it on the head! I had completely overlooked the Priority setting on the MA2!

The priority was set to NONE and when changed to 100 the rig came alive!

I cant thank you enough!

Great forum!

Cheers,

Karl

Reply Children
Related