Nodes

I am looking at purchasing a Nomad. I currently have a Net2 two port node. All the posts I have read is this will not work with Nomad however one post commented:

It's my understanding that Net2 legacy 2 port nodes, as manufactured by Pathway for ETC are upgradable to see sACN, but that the ETC manufactured Net2 4 port nodes are not upgradable. The CEM+ modules if using the most recent OS, can be set to listen to sACN.

Mine is p/n 4105A1003

Is this true and if so and my node is a Net2 legacy how do I upgrade?

Parents
  • A Nomad will not output NET2.

You are correct that our Net2 nodes where made by PathWay. We do not and will not support sACN/NET3 on these devices.

You are welcome to contact Pathway directly.

The CEM+ utilities a completely different hardware and was made completely in house.

Marcus

[edited by: marcusbirkin at 1:17 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jun 23 2014] Spelling
  • marcusbirkin said:

You are correct that out Net2 nodes where made by PathWay. We do not and will not support sACN/NET3 on these devices.

You are welcome to contact Pathway directly.

In my case, my 2 port nodes (I have 4)  say "ETC" on the front.  Not "Pathway".

I believe they are were not manufactured by ETC, who instead opted to have Pathway versions adapted for ETC use.

So why would you NOT support an ETC product that can otherwise be used on an sACN network ?.

Steve Bailey

Lighting Director

Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts at Brooklyn College

• The ETC NET2 gateway was manafactured and sold for use with NET2. It does this.

The ETC NET3 gateway was manafactured and sold for use with NET3. It does this.

As an added bonus, and for free, the NET3 Gateway (old revision) can be turned into NET2 mode.

Reply Children
No Data
Related