Gateway Not Pinging

Hey everyone-
I'm currently having an issue connecting my computer to my Net3 gateway. As far as I can tell, I'm running things pretty normally. Running a Cat5 cable to a POE switch, and then to my gateway. I have a static address on my computer of 10.101.1.14 and a static IP on the gateway of 10.101.50.101. The subnet is 255.255.0.0. I'm trying to ping the Gateway, and I get a no response, but report a 0% loss of the data packets and a different IP address is telling me the address is unreachable. So if anyone has any idea, I would be rather appreciative.

Parents
  • Hi Andrew,

two possibilites here - Hardware failure or configuration failure.

Troubleshooting:
    1.) Is the Green LED On the Net3 Gateway blinking? Yes or No?

2.) Is the green LED near the Network Port on your Computer blinking? Yes or No?

3.) Are the green LEDs for the two ports on the Switch that you are using blinking?

4.) If any of the above LEDs are not blinking, please replace the Network cable.

5.) If LEDs are blinking (and not solid on), then maybe the Switch is the issue:

6.) What Kind of Switch is this? Managed or Unmanaged? What is the Make/Model of the Switch?

Managed Switches can have ports that have filtering to prevent certain devices to reach other devices for partial or all Information.

If you are unsure how to use the managed Switch, its best to find an unmanaged Switch and use this.

7.) In the CMD Screen on your Computer, can you run the command ipconfig/all and post a screenshot here.

Thanks!

• Hi Andrew,

two possibilites here - Hardware failure or configuration failure.

Troubleshooting:
    1.) Is the Green LED On the Net3 Gateway blinking? Yes or No?

2.) Is the green LED near the Network Port on your Computer blinking? Yes or No?

3.) Are the green LEDs for the two ports on the Switch that you are using blinking?

4.) If any of the above LEDs are not blinking, please replace the Network cable.

5.) If LEDs are blinking (and not solid on), then maybe the Switch is the issue:

6.) What Kind of Switch is this? Managed or Unmanaged? What is the Make/Model of the Switch?

Managed Switches can have ports that have filtering to prevent certain devices to reach other devices for partial or all Information.

If you are unsure how to use the managed Switch, its best to find an unmanaged Switch and use this.

7.) In the CMD Screen on your Computer, can you run the command ipconfig/all and post a screenshot here.

Thanks!

Children
No Data
Related