Gateway Not Pinging

Hey everyone-
I'm currently having an issue connecting my computer to my Net3 gateway. As far as I can tell, I'm running things pretty normally. Running a Cat5 cable to a POE switch, and then to my gateway. I have a static address on my computer of 10.101.1.14 and a static IP on the gateway of 10.101.50.101. The subnet is 255.255.0.0. I'm trying to ping the Gateway, and I get a no response, but report a 0% loss of the data packets and a different IP address is telling me the address is unreachable. So if anyone has any idea, I would be rather appreciative.

Parents
  • "Destination host unreachable" means that the network has no idea of how to get there, so doesn't try.

Looking at the pings, only the first one goes out of 10.101.1.14.
    The other three go out of a different NIC in a different subnet - 10.29.4.1.

I suspect that you have a bad network cable or network card in your computer.
  • "Destination host unreachable" means that the network has no idea of how to get there, so doesn't try.

Looking at the pings, only the first one goes out of 10.101.1.14.
    The other three go out of a different NIC in a different subnet - 10.29.4.1.

I suspect that you have a bad network cable or network card in your computer.
Children
No Data
Related