Net2 nodes vs 2.3.1 software

I understand that 2.3.1 will no longer run Net2 nodes. We have two touring Net2 nodes in my church running on an Element. Once I upgrade that means they will no longer be working and we will have to purchase Net3's?

I also have one in my touring ION rig, so same ?

Parents Reply
  • I did some searching and what happened was I read the 2.3 release notes when they first came out and read Eos v2.3.1 is incompatible with hardware and software running ETCNet2 software prior to those listed above and that didn't stick. It seems I read it just is no longer not compatible but going back over the notes I see they have to be updated to certain versions, which I will now have to find out how.
Children
  • In addition to ION and Element, which appear to still support Net2 with proper upgrade to the Node here is the problem I think that originally got me thinking even the ION and Element won't work for some events because I often use Nomad as a back up console and this is in the Release Note: Eos ETCnomad (Mac and PC) and Puck do not support ETCNet2 protocol. So If I can no longer use Nomad as a back up then I can no longer use the Nodes running on the Element and ION when I use Nomad.
  • Hello Jeff,

The ETCNet2 Network Compatibility chart hasn't changed much (if at all) from v5.1 of Obsession II. If it worked with previous versions of EOS then it'll work with v2.3.

With regards ETCNomad, this has never supported NET2 (or AVAB) and will require a NET3 (or ArtNet) node/gateway. This hasn't changed with v2.3.

The general advice is to start replacing all NET2 based nodes as these are getting a bit long in the tooth and hardware support will dry up at some point in the future (that said we still support NET1 gateways!).

Regards,

Marcus

• ok. thanks for that info. I kinda figured that would be the end result.
Related