Is there a way to update our Net3 Gateways without having to download Updaterator to a PC?

Hi There,

I am a Mac user.  Our pc laptop at work is having network issues and will not go online.  All other PC computers are part of the University's Network, so downloads are a big pain.  I need to download updaterator to update our Net3 gateways but really do not have a PC available without asking my sister if I can take her's to work. lol. Is there a way to get the software on a usb or something, put it in the console, and have the console update the gateways?  Also, do I also have to download Net3 Concert since I am updating gateways? And will Concert work for some of our gear even though I we not have ETC Sensor racks?

Thank you so much, 

Tara

• Hello Tara,

UpdaterAtor can be installed directly onto a console. Included with the installer are current firmware for NET3 gateways (other devices and future firmware will need an internet connected PC).

UpdaterAtor is installed as you would install a software update. Put the installer in the root directory of a USB stick, Settings>General>Software Update. A new button in Settings>Maintenance should appear after a reboot!

NET3 Concert is not required for a firmware update, but can also be installed on the console (Advisable to do).

NET3 Concert is a very useful tool and can configure not only Sensors, but Gateways, and RDM devices

Regards,

Marcus

• Thank you so much for your help, Marcus. Once we loaded updaterator and the two most recent software updates for the 2port and 4port gateways onto the console, it did it for me! I say we, because tech support helped navigate me through the process. The guy I talked to was extremely helpful. After I got of the phone with him, I put Net3 Concert onto our console. I went in and renamed our gateways and attempted to turn off RDM. Please, tell me if I did it right. In each port on each gateway, I clicked on RDM settings. Each port had 2 boxes checked and I unchecked them. Then I saved my project. Is that the proper way to turn off RDM?

Thank you,
    Tara
  • That was a great start. But you also want to send the configuration to the system. Changes you make in Concert well stay "theoretical" as long as you don't apply them.
    Open concert again, open your project and then find a set of for icons with arrows near the top of your screen. If you place your mouse arrow over each of them, after a moment you will get a label displayed. One will say something like Send Configuration. Use that one to upload the changes to all the respective devices.
    To check if it worked go and take one of your gateways. It should display its name. And if you click the button repeatedly it well confirm that RDM for port #1 is disabled.
  • Tara,

Glad you got this sorted, don't for get that ETC Tech Support is always available where ever you are in the world, even with 24Hour emergency support!

Regards,
    Marcus
  • Thank you so much, Ueli. That worked!
Related