Net3 Gateway Delay when switch is added

We recently upgraded our architectural system to a paradigm system with net3 gateways everywhere in our building. We slightly modified the original install to accommodate a few of our needs. The modifications work but there is a slight delay in receiving the initial signal, once the signal is received there's no delay in movement and response time of the fixtures. 

We have 8 linesets in our ballroom each had a network cable run to it for a net3 gateway, we added a netgear 5 port poe pass through switch to each lineset. We did this to run network cable to our high end dl3s to push content without moving the linesets up and down. We metered the output of the poe passthrough to make sure the net3 gateway is receiving the correct power so that isn't an issue. 

At the main rack we added an ubiquity edge router to have a dhcp server for the dl3s since you can't set them statically. we are also using the dhcp server for the various console we use. I used an IP address range that is in the same subnet and isn't conflicting with any of the statically assigned ip address from the install. I can ping all of the dl3s, gateways and netgear switchs from various locations in the ballroom.

Here are the two ways that the delay happens. 

1. If the fixtures are powered on before the console is powered on and plugged into the network.

2. If the fixtures lose signal (console unplugged or turned off)

In these two situations the system will take 2 minutes (almost to the T everytime) to regain control. 

If the console is powered on first and then the fixtures are powered on there is no delay. I'm sure there is some sort of setting that I just don't know about that could fix this issue. 

Parents
  • Is the console also set to get a DHCP address? Does the behavior change if you set it to a static address in a compatible range? This could be attributed to the amount of time for the console to acquire a DHCP lease.

You could also try to use a computer on the network running sACN View or ArtNetominator (depending on your protocol) and see when the signal comes online for the computer. I'm also seeing a possibility where IGMP or STP (spanning tree) could interfere like this if turned on.
  • Is the console also set to get a DHCP address? Does the behavior change if you set it to a static address in a compatible range? This could be attributed to the amount of time for the console to acquire a DHCP lease.

You could also try to use a computer on the network running sACN View or ArtNetominator (depending on your protocol) and see when the signal comes online for the computer. I'm also seeing a possibility where IGMP or STP (spanning tree) could interfere like this if turned on.
Children
Related