ETC Ethernet Install Plan - anywhere?

Greetings list,

My name is Jacques Mersereau, and I work for the University of Michigan.

I manage a video studio - basically a large sound stage with a motorized lighting grid system.

This grid system is made up of 12 grids of various dimensions and 6 batons. 

Although we do not yet have any LED lights or movers, we hope to soon replace our aging squadrons of Fresnels, pars, Lekos and cyc lights.

I am looking to see what you gurus suggest as we move to designing an closed ethernet network - IP from an ION console to distribute DMX512.

There are many ways to do this, so I was wondering if ETC has any documentation (I can see to find any) that shows various system layouts.

JANDS has this:

http://lighting.jands.com.au/CD/Technical%20Resources/Pathway/Using%20Pathway%E2%80%99s%20Pathport%20Networked%20DMX%20Products.pdf

I am wondering if ETC has something similar using ETC gear.

Parents Reply
  • Do you have existing ETC Sensor dimmers, or will these be new? If they are existing, what type of processor do they have? CEM, CEM+ or CEM3. The latter two allow you to sit the processors on the network and drive levels via sACN directly from your Ion, no need for DMX. You can also receive error reporting over the network and make configuration changes to the racks remotely.

Children
Related