changing Net2 node ip

I have an old Net2 two port touring node and I want to change it's ip address but can't find anything in NCE other than a network option in one of the menu items that requires a password. It had been set by someone a long time ago however recently was reset to factory 10.101.1... address. Any help appreciated.

Parents Reply Children
  • That is incorrect. You will want to install ETCNet2 Configuration Editor (NCE) 4.3.1 on your Windows PC. (You can find that software here: www.etcconnect.com/.../DownloadAsset.aspx)

Run the installer as an Administrator on your computer and during the install, it will launch NICPicker to set the correct network card to use. Select the card that you have assigned to be in the 10.101.x.x and save in the default location with the default name.

When you run NCE, run as an Adminstrator to make sure it can start all of the necessary services. You can then connect to the network, get unbound nodes, and start the configuration process. Since you are looking to change the IP address, you will need to unlock Network Addresses from the Edit menu using the password 'net2'. You can then edit the node(s) IP address by changing your view to Node Addresses or Node Details and making your changes. When you are satisfied with the settings, push those changes to the nodes by using Network>Send Config to Nodes.

• Thank you so much Kirk. This is great info. As I had stated in my orig I was running NCE and found a Network choice but it was asking for a password which I did not know. I will try that now.
    I am wondering however if I should uninstall NCE and reinstall it as Administrator as that was not how I installed it. Then do as you suggest, or if because I can talk to the nodes already that would not be necessary.
  • You can try without having installed as an Administrator, but if it doesn't work, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling as an Administrator.
  • Thank you again Kirk for the detailed reply. It's working great.
Related