Gateway Configuration Editor

We just got a new computer for next to our light board, and as I was downloading all the ETC Software for it I noticed that NET3 Gateway Configuration Editor is listed on the software section of the site.  However I don't see a download link for it?  Is it available for download? or should I be sticking with NCE for now?

-Bryan

• The "Net3/ACN DMX Gateways" can operate in two different modes - ETCNet2 mode and ACN mode. These are two different protocols for sending lighting control information across the network. You can send both protocols across the same network without any problems.

When used in ETCNet2 mode (default), Gateways can only be configured using NCE.

When they are used in the ACN mode, then Gateways can only be configured using Gateway Configuration Editor.

Unless you find you need (or just want!) the features of the ACN mode (eg. RDM), you won't need to change the Gateway out of ETCNet2 mode and can continue using NCE to configure your nodes and Gateways.

The older ETCNet2 nodes don't support Net3/ACN, and so you'll need to keep a copy of NCE to reconfigure them even if you've decided to make the change.

The download link isn't there yet as GCE isn't yet released - we're still working on it!

Related