NCE running on a MAC with Parallels

Hello all,

Has anybody run the NCE on a Mac using parallels?  I am trying it with my Macbook running OS 10.5 with parallels and Windows XP.  Not having much luck yet.  Any advice wold be helpful?

Dan at BAM 

Parents
  • I have gotten it to work, but its been a while, I remember it took some playing a round to get it going but once that hurdle was jumped, it just worked. I have some questions to help me get a better Idea of what you are dealing with. What part is not working, Seeing nodes, Sending config, or Upgrading software?  What Version of NCE are you running?  Are you trying to use net3 Services? What version of windows are you running?  Here are the settings I have:

Mac Network Setting: I did have this as an ETC network IP setting in the beginning, I do not think it matters since it works with Using DHCP.

Parallels Settings: Network Adapter 1 Device Enabled Checked; Connect at startup Checked; Bridged Ethernet  en0: Ethernet adapter selected.

Windows Settings:

Here are some things to check on the Windows side of things, Fire wall off, XP pro (not home) Gateway = IP address.  Vista   Gateway = 10.101.1.1.

Windows Nic card settings  (xp pro)

IP 10.101.1.101

Subnet 255.255.0.0

Gateway 10.101.1.101

Run NicPicker , Choose the correct nic card, and save in the default directory.

Run NCE.

Can you start the Network address server form the network tab of NCE?  Look at the bottom Left corner NCE It should say Boot p server started. If it says Stopped, Check Firewall In windows

Windows nic card settings  (xp pro)

IP 10.101.1.101

Subnet 255.255.0.0

Gateway 10.101.1.101

Let me know how you get on and we can get you up and running.

Turk

S. Turk Wilson

Technical Support Engineer

800 688-4116  Ext. 5073

swilson@etcconnect.com

• Yep, setting the mode to "Bridged" is the real key. In this mode, Windows and Mac appear as two different machines on the network (as in "I'm a PC, I'm a Mac"). Although it is reasonably untested, I've sucessfully run Eos Client, Congo Client, NCE, Wyg and other apps on Net2 without problems.
Reply Children
No Data
Related