How can testing Switch working for ETCNet

Dear All,

I am try to testing netgear switch working for ETCNet in the workshop rather than testing on site.

I have CEM+ Module and Switvh configured with ETC standard in the house.

Does anyone know what additional equipments do I need for this testing?

Do I really need ETC Node to complete this testing?

I am very grateful if there is someone can advise it.

Regards

Yang

Parents
  • Hi Yang,

In order to prove that the switch works, you really need an ETCNet source (something that will send levels). This would be an Eos, Ion or Congo console, an Emphasis system, or a Net2 node or gateway.

Then you can check the CEM+ recieves levels and control over ETCNet correctly.

However, most switches will work just fine out of the box. What model of switch do you have? It may be one we've worked with before.

~Tom

• Hi Tom

Thank you very much for the answer.

The Switch which I am goiong to use see detail as follow.,

Netgear FS752TPSEU Prosafe 48 port Smart Fast Switch with 4 Gigabit ports 48 x 10/100 auto-sensing, auto-uplink LAN ports plus 4 x 10/100/1000 auto-sensing, auto-uplink LAN ports with option for 2 x SFP slot

Have you configure similar type switch before. if so what are important things should I be aware for testing

Regards

Yang 

[edited by: asyzg at 3:46 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Nov 10 2008]
  • I have worked with similar switches, but not this exact model.

There were bugs in older Netgear switches that prevented correct operation with ETCNet, but these have now been resolved. Therefore it's worth checking that your switch has the latest firmware, from the Netgear website.

I would also recommend :

- Turn off Spanning Tree Protocol

- Turn off IGMP snooping

- Turn off storm control

As always, if you get stuck or have problems, call your nearest ETC office for assistance.

Regards,

Tom

• I have worked with similar switches, but not this exact model.

There were bugs in older Netgear switches that prevented correct operation with ETCNet, but these have now been resolved. Therefore it's worth checking that your switch has the latest firmware, from the Netgear website.

I would also recommend :

- Turn off Spanning Tree Protocol

- Turn off IGMP snooping

- Turn off storm control

As always, if you get stuck or have problems, call your nearest ETC office for assistance.

Regards,

Tom

Children
No Data
Related