Daisy chain 11 Mosaic MSC4 --2048 channel output over 3000ft with ethernet

How reliable would my 3000' long universe be with 11 of these controllers with a maximum distance between being 325feet.

Has anyone done this?

We would put a network switch at each junction.

andrew

Parents
  • If I am understanding the question correctly...this is not an ideal wiring architecture. Connecting through multiple switches in a daisy chain fashion, would introduce hops, which introduces latency. This would likely result in undesired timing issues between controllers. If you design your switch architecture in more of a star topology, this possibly could achieve what you are after.

Is there a specific reason you need 11 controllers in 11 different locations? Can you put them all in 1 location and run what I presume is DMX, all out from there? Or, might a single MSCX work better for you?

If you could describe, in detail what you're trying to control, and the desired control intent, then we may be able to provide suggestions/solutions that better suit your needs.

• OK we have lights to change about every 250'  The street is 3000' long and I want to design the light universe over all of the lights over the 3000'.   The reason there are 11 controllers is because there is light happening in 11 places and we want the lights to make sense together.

I am an electrician and metal designer so I would have someone else to program the lighting, I just want to get it wired right.

• Fotowork,

Your situation indeed requires some specific consideration for the large swath of space that your system spans, but you may be able to maintain a core "star topology" network infrastructure and distribute the lighting data out to your devices differently.

Are your lights DMX compatible? What kind of lights are you trying to control? (Manufacturer? Model?)

• One other consideration in favor of a more centralized single point of main control gear location, is the fact that it sounds like you may have an outdoor scenario and need to incorporate provisions for IP66, 67, 68, or whatever is appropriate for your circumstances and what the local AHJ pre/proscribes.

Reply Children
No Data
Related