Conductor errors list

I'm looking for information on making sure Conductor is set up to display "Current errors" through its web interface. I'm mainly concerned with having all my gear software versions compatible and playing along. For example, can Net3 conductor get error messages like "Fan error" from CEM+ racks? Can Net3 Conductor identify a duplicate IP address on a mixed network of Net2 and Net3 nodes? Would it keep that list of errors in its error log up until the list is refreshed with the built in button, or will it clear the errors that went away? I just recently cleared the "Clean your filter" errors on the dimmer racks and later decided to check Conductor to see if its noted those and the list was blank. Or is that internal error list quite literally just internal conductor errors and equipment error messages have to be sent via secondary network? Thanks!

Parents
  • The way Net3 Conductor handles errors is the compatible networked devices tell Conductor what error it has, which then populates in the list of current errors on the Conductor. When the error on the device goes away that error also automatically leaves the list on Conductor. There is no historical list of errors on Conductor, just current, so I would not expect to see an error on the list that is not present on the device.

A full list of errors can be found here: Errors Net3 Conductor can monitor in a Net3 System

If your Net3 Conductor is hooked up to the internet on its 2nd NIC, you can get email/SMS alerts based on any or all of the errors in the list. With or without utilizing the 2nd NIC, Conductor will always post its list of errors to Net3 Concert (in fact this is the only place Net3 Concert gets its list of errors from), and if configured to in a Paradigm Server system it can also report its list of errors to the Paradigm Central Control Server (P-CCS) for display on a touchscreen.

Net3 Conductor does support errors from CEM+ racks, though for best compatibility the CEMs should be running their latest version of firmware, which is v3.1.3. I would expect the "Clean Filters" error to populate when present on the CEM+.

Regarding the IP address question, Net3 Conductor is not able to identify or report duplicate IP addresses as an error, nor does it have any knowledge about Net2 products, just Net3.

Hope this helps!

Reply Children
No Data
Related