NET3 node

Hello

I have got a net3 four ports node with 1 DMX input.

It is possible to use node only with Wysiwyg like a DMX input without console to use it with smartfade ML for example

Parents
  • Yes you can.

I believe that Wysiwyg R23 does not support Streaming ACN, so you'll need to set the Gateways into Net2 mode by pressing the front panel button until the display shows "Hold 5 sec to switch to Net2", then hold down the button until it reboots.

If the display shows "Hold 5 sec to switch to ACN", then it's already in Net2 mode.

You can then configure the port to be an ETCNet2 EDMX input using NCE version 4.3.0

Enable Net2/EDMX in Wyg, and that should be working OK.

• Thank you richard for your answer. I have got an other question about each input or output of the gateways.

Input card and Output card is the same ? there is just a change on male or female XLR ?

And we must setup with GCE or NCE which is input and wich is output ?

CGE can't detect the type or cards, well I think it is the same.

Last question about cards : in my gateway all terminate are ON for input and outputs, what is the best setup ?

Is there any free software to see ETCNET2 on network  like sACNview ?

• The sex of the XLR connector doesn't matter - the input/output setting is purely done in the software configuration, set in GCE or NCE (depending on whether it is running in ACN or Net2 mode)

The current release of GCE doesn't correctly detect the installed port type, but the Gateway itself does if you do a Reset to Defaults.

If you have a Female connector on your Gateway, the only thing you need to use it as a DMX input is a suitable gender-changer, eg Male-to-Male DMX cable.

With regards to the terminator switch:

• DMX termination requires that the terminator is fitted at both ends of the wire - this is of course permanently installed in your lighting console, as it is always at the start of the DMX line.
    • However, DMX Gateways ports can also be used as DMX inputs. So it's possible that you would want to have a Gateway port receiving DMX but in the middle of the line, with DMX going into a single Gateway port, then onwards to other DMX devices.
      • In this case, you'd use a 'touch and go' or 'Y-split' DMX cable to give you the in-and-thru DMX connectors as found on a moving light and termination must be turned off.
      • The DMX line would of course be terminated at the final DMX device with a normal terminator plug.
    • Terminator switches must be ON in all other cases.
  • The sex of the XLR connector doesn't matter - the input/output setting is purely done in the software configuration, set in GCE or NCE (depending on whether it is running in ACN or Net2 mode)

The current release of GCE doesn't correctly detect the installed port type, but the Gateway itself does if you do a Reset to Defaults.

If you have a Female connector on your Gateway, the only thing you need to use it as a DMX input is a suitable gender-changer, eg Male-to-Male DMX cable.

With regards to the terminator switch:

• DMX termination requires that the terminator is fitted at both ends of the wire - this is of course permanently installed in your lighting console, as it is always at the start of the DMX line.
    • However, DMX Gateways ports can also be used as DMX inputs. So it's possible that you would want to have a Gateway port receiving DMX but in the middle of the line, with DMX going into a single Gateway port, then onwards to other DMX devices.
      • In this case, you'd use a 'touch and go' or 'Y-split' DMX cable to give you the in-and-thru DMX connectors as found on a moving light and termination must be turned off.
      • The DMX line would of course be terminated at the final DMX device with a normal terminator plug.
    • Terminator switches must be ON in all other cases.
Children
No Data
Related