Airport Express

Would it be possible to plug the Airport Express into the RVI to connect wirelessly to the Ion?  How?

Parents
  • I am not really sure about the specifications of the Airport Express.

But you can connect a WLAN Access point a switch which has both the RVI and Ion connected to it, and if the WLAN Access point is in the same IP Range as the Ion, then it will work.

I am assuming you want to connect the access point so you can control your Ion with the iRFR?

• I am not really sure about the specifications of the Airport Express.

But you can connect a WLAN Access point a switch which has both the RVI and Ion connected to it, and if the WLAN Access point is in the same IP Range as the Ion, then it will work.

I am assuming you want to connect the access point so you can control your Ion with the iRFR?

Children
  • Actually, this has nothing to do with iRFR.

The network switch in our building requires a long cable to the other side of the prosc. opening to get out of the way of the carps during load-in.

If the RVI can be wirelessy connected to the network switch and thus to the Ion, we can move the RVI any where in the stagehouse and keep patching and ringing out during the setup

• Since the RVI connects via a Network to the Ion,

then a wireless network solution would work also. I wouldn't recommend this for

running a show, but for patching and focus there shouldn't be a problem.

Just make sure the access point is within the same range as the RVI IP.

Related