Networking Help

Hello,
Networking is somewhat new to me but I have figured out most things I need to as I go. However, in our return show this summer I ran into a situation that I could use some direction to find some answers.

I am using an Ion 1000, a NET 3 ACN Gateway (2 ports), and Response Mk2 Gateway (4 ports). For spacing issues due to COVID, we moved from our normal theatre, a small black box with a grid (200 seats), to a traditional proscenium auditorium (1000 seats). Because the proscenium had some power limitations that I didn't have time to address, we had to decrease the size of our rig. So in this application, I didn't need more addresses but having more than 2 universes was going to give some simplicity in cable runs and addressing. Before I left the shop in our normal theatre, I programmed everything for 8 universes. 1 and 2 from the board, 3 and 4 from the NET 3 Gateway, and 5 thru 8 from the Response Gateway. I addressed 2 Source 4 LEDs for each universe, patched and tested, and all worked fine. However, when I installed the board and gateways into the proscenium system (approximately 120 instruments), everything slowed down. When I patched the board, it would freeze for up to 10 minutes. As I patched each address, it could take anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes. My next step was to patch offline. When I reattached the board to the network it never froze but after 3 hours it was still working on the patch.  I tried different operating systems and a different router, neither fixed the problem. In the end, I programmed back to 2 universes. 1 and 2 from the board, 1 and 2 from the NET 3, and a pair of 1s and 2s from the Response. Then readdressed the entire rig. This worked perfectly. In the future I am going to need more universes so I am trying to figure out if I did something wrong in the programming or if I was doing something that board was never meant to do.

Any help that could be sent my way or pointing me in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Related