'etcNET' and 'etcNET2 dmx node'

Hello folks,

I've got three etcnNET2 nodes configured as 2 outputs and 1 input.  I'd love to free up that input node so that I could have 3 outputs.  It seems perfectly reasonable that I could do so and use the etcNET port into the insight3 I'm using.  Is this possible?  How to do it?

Thanks.

Parents
  • If your nodes are set up as 1 input and 2 output, I am assuming that you have the Insight 3 putting DMX into the Input node and then getting it out of the Output node.

As Steve mentioned, the Insight console only spits out Net 1 out of the console.  I may be mistaken, but I do not believe that Net1 can be run over a routable network.  (IE a network with a switch in it) In addition, if you can run it over a routable network, (and if you are able to put the nodes into Net1 mode to get DMX out of the console) you would only be able to mirror the outputs on the console.  For instance, if your insight has 3 DMX outputs, and you have 2 port nodes, you would only be able to get the first two outputs out of the nodes at that point - the third DMX port would not be able to be used.

You will probably want to give tech services a call to see what your exact requirements would be to do what you are looking for.  They will have access to the job prints from your system and can answer some of the "How exactly your system is set up" questions....

Reply Children
No Data
Related