Using a Mk2 four port gateway with Gadget dmx/rdm 1 port

How do I setup an Nomad puck currently using a Gadget 1-port with a Mk2 four port gateway?  I need to setup 2 universes instead of the one universe for this nomad puck.  I have all the ports on the gateway set as outputs.  My gateway has  4 dmx ports and 1 RJ45 jack.   The Puck connects to a light  in Universe 1 through the Gadget and runs without being connected through the gateway.  Is there a IP address or networking setting I need to do on the gateway and the Puck?

• Hi,

Yes, you will need to do a bit of networking setup to get this to work.

On the hardware side you would typically want to connect the gateway and the puck using a network switch. Connecting direct might work, but it's more advisable to use a switch if possible.

Then, you need to assign IP addresses. If all the network equipment you have is the gateway and the puck, I'd suggest using our usual defaults:

Gateway = 10.101.50.101

Puck = 10.101.185.101

Subnet mask = 255.255.0.0

You can set this on the gateway from the front UI; and on the puck under the shell and network.

Once that is all set up you need to check sACN is enabled, again under network. Should look something like this:

After that, you should be able to start Eos, and then when you have anything patched in the appropriate universes, the gateway will output DMX

Related