ETC gateways with different control consoles

We are building a new church and would love to put in Gateways.  We are planning as of right now to put in a Jands Vista T2 for the main sanctuary.  If I used the 4 analog DMX outputs on the console and plugged them into a 4 port input gateway, would that work?  We are also using Hog3PC for one of the youth rooms.

Parents
  • Or to put it another way - Yes, that will work perfectly.

Many theatres and other venues that do have ETC consoles use a spare Net2 Node or Net3 Gateway in this way for touring shows that bring their own lighting console, allowing the tour to use all the existing infrastructure.

[edited by: Richard at 5:12 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Jul 11 2009]
  • And as a follow up to the usefullness of the Net2 and I assume Net3 systems, is that the Network Configuration Editor(s) allow a defined input port on a node, do what ETC calls "Advanced Input Patch", or AIP, where you can define what incoming DMX address go where in the EDMX stream and thus to the house system.  One of the useful uses with a touring show is to only patch those addresses, such as FOH Only, but then strips access to a left-in-place-and-still-plugged-in house rig, or house lights, work lights, relay's for utility circuits, etc... that you want to retain control over on the house system, but not have to deal with in the tour show console patch. 

This feature is my absolute favorite Net2 feature.

Steve Bailey

Brooklyn College

• And as a follow up to the usefullness of the Net2 and I assume Net3 systems, is that the Network Configuration Editor(s) allow a defined input port on a node, do what ETC calls "Advanced Input Patch", or AIP, where you can define what incoming DMX address go where in the EDMX stream and thus to the house system.  One of the useful uses with a touring show is to only patch those addresses, such as FOH Only, but then strips access to a left-in-place-and-still-plugged-in house rig, or house lights, work lights, relay's for utility circuits, etc... that you want to retain control over on the house system, but not have to deal with in the tour show console patch. 

This feature is my absolute favorite Net2 feature.

Steve Bailey

Brooklyn College

Children
No Data
Related