"Browser>Network>Power On MultiConsole System"

I'am really new on EOS and had to much Cobalt-thoughts when I would solve things. Slight smile

We had order new Apex-consolles and going to change from Cobalt to EOS. We would put them up in a multiconsole-system on every stage. All stage is connected togheter in a large network. In my "core"-switch I block sACN, so all the sACN-universe only is alive on each stages, so every stage starts with universe 1. It work with all the stategs now with Cobalt and it should work with EOS.

If I send power ON/OFF in the network I only would have all the consolles on each stage powering ON or OFF. ;)

I don´t want to solve this with VLAN, because I would have a "clean" networkswitch on every stage and would block it in my "core"-switch. I basically want to be able to go and borrow a switch anywhere and basically run it in factory default to save a show because I don´t need to be connected to my Core-switch to run a show. The only thing that I miss is WIFI and FileServer If i disconnect the stage from the Core-switch.

Do anyone know what TCP PORT-number that EOS send power ON or OFF-commands? Then I could easily block this network package to reach other stages whitout VLAN´s in my Core-switch.

Is there any list what networkpackage ports EOS use and some information what information it contains?

I could sniff my network with Wireshark, but if there´s a list it goes faster to block stuff. Slight smile

Parents
  • Hi  ,

The power consoles on/off commands are a Wake-On-LAN (WOL) magic packet. They travel on layer 2 (MAC) as a broadcast and thus do not have a specific port.

You could potentially block the command at the core switch's input rule from each stage but that would be up to your switch.

As for the list of ports that Eos uses, we don't have a general publication but I'll follow up with you in a private message with more details.

Congratulations on your new system!

• Thanks Starksk for the information and the port-list. Slight smile

I found a page that they discuss WOL with same Cicso-Switch that we use. They use Wireshark and sniff network and there system broadcast WOL to 255.255.255.255 and port 9 (someone says port 7) and EOS don´t use port 7 or 9 "official" in my list. So if this is correct it should be a easy fix to block WOL in the network.

We have been waiting a long time for the new Apex-consoles. If I remember correctly we ordered these over 1 year ago before they were official and borrow some EOS until Apex could be deliveried. So now we just wait for the Santa Clause coming with apex. Slight smile

• Thanks Starksk for the information and the port-list. Slight smile

I found a page that they discuss WOL with same Cicso-Switch that we use. They use Wireshark and sniff network and there system broadcast WOL to 255.255.255.255 and port 9 (someone says port 7) and EOS don´t use port 7 or 9 "official" in my list. So if this is correct it should be a easy fix to block WOL in the network.

We have been waiting a long time for the new Apex-consoles. If I remember correctly we ordered these over 1 year ago before they were official and borrow some EOS until Apex could be deliveried. So now we just wait for the Santa Clause coming with apex. Slight smile

Children
No Data
Related