Wanting clarification on setting up my iRFR and RFR.

A few questions:

1.  When setting up my router for use with the iRFR, does it have to connect into the console directly, or can I plug into any ETCNet port around the venue?  I am trying to locate the router as close to stage as possible and my normal console location is pretty far away.

2.  Sort of the same question, if I am using USB to hook up my RFR base station, does it have to go direct to the console or can I hook it into my  Net3 RVI?

3.  I might be behind the times, but will the base station support being plugged into the network yet or does it still have to go thru USB?

Thanks

Parents
  • You should be able to connect an access point to any port on your network, not just the back of the console.

I don't know if you can plug the RFR base into the back of an RVI via USB, but I'm fairly sure the answer is no.

The RFR base supports network connection now. You can configure it using Gateway Configuration Editor, which is available for download on the ETC site.

All of the above relates to Eos/Ion running SW 1.4.4 or later... I don't know about Congo...

Hope that helps!

-J

• It should be fine to plug your wireless router in at any connected network point, as John says.

But, yes, you should be able to connect the USB base station to an RVI as well. Each device (console, RPU, RVI) stores which channel you want for the base station individually, so if you plug it in at a new location, ensure you check that setting in the shell.

If your RFR base/remote are running version 2.0 or later, they will work on the network. You will need to have a DHCP server running, as the base station does not default to having an IP address. If you need to upgrade the software, the easiest method is with a PC running the lastest version of Gateway Configuration Editor, on the website.

Hope that helps-

-luke-

• It should be fine to plug your wireless router in at any connected network point, as John says.

But, yes, you should be able to connect the USB base station to an RVI as well. Each device (console, RPU, RVI) stores which channel you want for the base station individually, so if you plug it in at a new location, ensure you check that setting in the shell.

If your RFR base/remote are running version 2.0 or later, they will work on the network. You will need to have a DHCP server running, as the base station does not default to having an IP address. If you need to upgrade the software, the easiest method is with a PC running the lastest version of Gateway Configuration Editor, on the website.

Hope that helps-

-luke-

Children
  • Since no specific console was mentioned, I'll clarify that for Eos/Ion systems, the base may be connected via USB to RVIs, RPUs or consoles. When using the USB connection in a Congo/Congo jr system, the base must be connected to the console/Light Server acting as the "Server" for that system.

With Ethernet, the base may be connected to any port on the lighting network in either system.

Thanks much -

Sarah

Related