Issue between Apollo Scrollers & VL 1000s

Hi all,

I am having issues with some equipment and am completely baffled as to what is happening... any suggestions or input would be helpful.

We have a Net2 distribution with EOS control. Coming out of multiple nodes through optosplitters I have 6 VL1000s and 14 Apollo Smart Color 7s.  Whenever we bring the edge on some (not all) of the VLs to 100%, one or two of the scrollers will go through a reset.  The addresses are not over lapping (scrollers are 1-14 and VLs are 100+).  The fixtures do not even have to be on the same data line to cause this problem which would seem to rule out stray signal data bouncing around.

Does anyone have any insight on this???  We work around it by not setting edges to full, but I would like to understand what is going on in my system.  Thanks

Parents Reply
  • Mark, it's strange that worked.  As Richard said, the Apollo SC's don't have a DMX command for reseting.  The new SmarColor Pro does though.  you don't have those do you?  Anyway, i would give Tech Support at Apollo a jingle to find out if they have a reason for this behavior.  They love a good mystery over there anyway.

Children
Related