Rj45 ethernet cable busted again! aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Anyone out there have or even heard of a heavy duty ethernet cable?

I have my Eos Congo Rvi on a cart so I can move it to a convient working place and back into a storage room. The distance between storage and place of use prevents me from keeping the Rvi plugged in, power nor ethernet. I have a Net3 jack 10 feet from where I use the Rvi. Wireless Net3 would be great to avoid if possable. My ethernet cable in constantly be tripped over and never lays flat on the floor.

What I'm think of: Rj45 cable that looks, feels, flexes like and XLR cable. My Net3 jacks will accept a mic cable and hold it but would have an Rj45 connector instead of the XLR pins. The other end should be a heavy duty Rj45 plug without the XLR shroud. Standard mic cable lengths would be great varity (5, 15, 20, 25, 50, 10, bulk)

Mainly an ethernet cable that can be wound up for storage and laid out flat on the floor for use.

Any thoughts and or leads are much appreciated.

Parents
  • Ethercon cable sounds like exactly like what you're looking for. It's normally a heavier duty cable and the connector are protected by the XLR metal shroud. It might be worth bundling it with the power cable to give it some more substance as well which may help it lay flat on the floor.

Eric

• Ethercon cable sounds like exactly like what you're looking for. It's normally a heavier duty cable and the connector are protected by the XLR metal shroud. It might be worth bundling it with the power cable to give it some more substance as well which may help it lay flat on the floor.

Eric

Children
Related