Pathway 2 port gateway - Loss of DMX universe on one output

wondering if anyone has come across any strange issues with pathway products. 
I’ve got a fairly large static rig, occupying around 16 Universes with circa 8 pathways splitting the universes up there (ergo, one pathway dealing with U6 & U7, next one U8 & U9).

99% of the time, rig is fine, behaves as it should. But randomly, that 1%, random gateways lose one their universe outputs… (display shows dmx output, no universe). 

fix requires reboot of POE supply to Gateway when disconnected from DMX chain. 

Am I looking at some weird RDM Blinding on Fixture boot? Or some other DMX Control Knocking the Universe out such as Standalone from the fixtures?

Rig Comprises largely of CHAUVET maverick heads…

Parents
  • YES! I have a large system that includes Pathway 2-port portable gateways. I had the same issue with Port B losing its connection. After many back-and-forths with Pathway here is the first solution that seems to have fixed the problem.

Through Pathscape, under "Network DMX Properties" disable Per Channel Priority on the port. I believe it ships from ETC with this selected.

As far as I know, this has fixed the problem for the last 5 months. I am going back to this site next week for a 6-month follow-up and will see if this is still the case.

-Wolf

• Nice, any paradigm also sitting on the back of the rig? 

I have some arbitration moving priority in show mode, but shouldn’t make any difference to these universes… just curious. 

• Seven Paradigm processors in the overall system. ETC did the actual system config, not sure what arbitration is going on in the background.

Reply Children
  • Oof, I only had 2 processors sitting in the background…. 
    I need to try this. Like you, resetting the universes every time isn’t an option… it’s just bizzare how it sits absolutely fine for ages, then randomly drops out. 

let us know if your checkup is positive… but I’m guessing you’ve not had any call outs in 5 months! 

Related